4D-012-008 Class 22 D6332 BR Blue FYE Font A OO Gauge In Stock
Special Offer £95 (rrp £149.95)
The BR Class 22 is a type of Bo-Bo diesel locomotive designed for the Western Region of BR and built by NBL. The Class has been nicknamed the Baby Warship due to their similarity to the Warship Class 42 locomotive. Fifty seven locomotives were built between 1959 and 1962 and operated in the West of England hauling both passengers and freight. The class was eventually displaced by the more powerful and reliable Hymeks and Warships, exacerbated by the bankruptcy of NBL in 1962 and the consequential lack of spares. By 1971 all had been decommissioned and none survived into preservation. Dapols’ OO model was produced after years of extensive study of plans and drawings and by collaborative work with various locomotive experts.
The Dapol OO Class 22 features:
- Detailed body with etched grills and separately fitted handrails
- Finely detailed cast wheels
- Metal Sprung Buffers
- 5 pole Super creep motor with twin brass fly wheels for huge pulling power and incredible slow running speed.
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Directional Lights and cab lighting
- DCC Ready with provision for a 21 pin decoder
- Provision for sound speaker
- Accessory bag with optional fitted components including headcode numbers